What is "Social Distancing"?
Social Distancing is the method that we use to "slow the spread" of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). It refers to limiting your personal physical contact with other people. This does 2 things - protects you from being exposed and protects others in case you are a carrier of the virus.
Why is "Social Distancing" so important?
How does "Social Distancing" slow the spread?
In our modern world and lifestyle, we come into contact with hundreds of people daily. By limiting this contact, we slow the infection rate to a more manageable rate. This allows our healthcare systems to not get overwhelmed and allows us time to properly treat those who need it the most.
How to "Social Distance"?
- Avoid social gatherings, theaters, etc.
- Cancel non-essential travel.
- Work from home, if possible.
- Home school (even college and university), if possible.
- Short term holidays from schools.
- Stay home when sick and limit visitors.
- Limit gatherings, like meetings and training.
- Use internet-based, remote applications for meetings (e.g., Zoom, Skype)